(unknown charset) [DNS] (unknown charset) Re: [DNS] Announcing .NU Domains using (unknown charset) Ö, Ä, Å, Ü, Ñ

From: (unknown charset) Kendall Lister <kendall§charon.net.au>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 14:21:40 +1100 (EST)
On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Nick Andrew wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 12:36:53PM +1100, Craig Clark wrote:
> > Examples which we are currently testing include:
> > http://SödraKärr.se.nu, http://FöreningsSparbanken.se.nu/,
> > http://domän.se.nu and http://tillbehör.se.nu/
>
> Yeah, that'll be just great. Now you'll need a degree in
> internationalization to parse a domain name and they will become
> impossible to type. Ok, I admit I can type ä with alt-d into xterm but
> I bet a lot of people cannot.

I bet a lot of Europeans can, with their nationalised operating systems
and keyboards. Anyway, I imagine that this service is not particularly
aimed at us English speakers...

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall&#167;charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781