Re: [DNS] Domain name chief quits over agreement

From: Matthew King <mking§cinfo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:33:35 +1100
Re:

>http://www.it.fairfax.com.au/industry/20000229/A43828-2000Feb28.html

>snip<

Melbourne IT chief executive Peter Gerrand said he was disappointed
to see O'Reilly go. Gerrand suggested the auDA board was in need of
reform and Melbourne IT would not sign the licence agreement to
provide funding until his company had full confidence in the umbrella
body.

"We'll only have full confidence in auDA as a self-regulatory body
when it has an independent chairman with the confidence of all the
stakeholders and also that they appoint  a chairman to their
(competition) panel who is also independent," he said.

"Without making any personal aspersions, structurally it won't be
right until it's got a true independent chairman."

>snip<

This stake holder has every confidence in auDA. However I have no
confidence in the independence of INA, none what so ever. Indeed it
is my personal opinion that INA is just throwing its weight around to
preserve its monopoly position, its share price and its revenues.

Matthew King