Re: [DNS] TRANSFER OF DOMAIN NAMES FOR PROFIT

From: Doug Robb <doug§cygnus.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:03:27 +0800 (WST)
On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Rohan Levy wrote:

> TheProductRange.com and a few others that seems good to me.
> happy hunting...
> Cheers
> Rohan

yes ok but according to the marketing people I work
with and by my own observations you are starting to
get away from the 'top of mind' thing that makes
some domains worth more than others.

Once you get to putting three words together you are
starting to lose it. That doesn't mean you can't
build a brand around a well  chosen or catchy three
words,its just that its a harder. Also it is moving
from generic to specific and so in general you'll
narrow the scope.

Also of course if you have the root word you own
all the subdomains yourself and so you have a much
more flexible domain if you just take out the
root. eg range.com or productrange.com rather then
someotherwordproductrange.com

doug