[DNS] .gov.au query

From: Tizard, James (IEPO) <"Tizard,>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:58:41 +0930
Noting the comment below that this is a general forum for discussing
Australian Domain issues, hoping this is not a FAQ (I've looked) I hope
someone might be able to point me in the right direction:

I am interested in whether other Governments have addressed the policy issue
of appropriate domains for 'corporatized' government instrumentalities - ie
should they register domains in .com.au, .gov.au or both?

Our perhaps simplistic reasoning is that any entity that is ultimately
responsible to a Minister should register in .gov.au.  However, as many of
these also have an ACN number, they are also eligible to register in
.com.au.

all constructive comments gratefully accepted

thanks in advance

J Tizard
SA Government