RE: [DNS] thoughts on .net.au policy.

From: <David.Goldstein§sbg.nic.at>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:04:57 +0200
Hi Aleks et al

While I'm not commenting on the validity of the problems you raise, the
problems you have encountered are pretty normal from my knowledge. I have
been looking at some of the domain name registration policies around the
world and have found that maybe all of the ones I've looked at will not
allow you to register domain names of 2 letters or less. In the case there
were domain names already registered with 2 letters or less, the only
comment I've found on this is that the domain holder is allowed to keep the
domain as long as they want but they are unable to sell it or transfer it to
another party. What the rules are for .com etc I'm not sure.

Also, people on this list may be interested to know that the administrators
of the .tv domain are currently running full page ads in The Independent
newspaper in the UK promoting the TLD. They could be in other newspapers,
and probably are, but this is the only one I've seen.

Cheers
David