RE: thoughts on .net.au policy.

From: Cooke, Tony <tony.cooke§deaconslaw.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:20:27 +1000
I can see the sense in the policy of preventing 2 letter registrations on
the basis that the country codes are not closed and may be added to from
time to time.

The problem with the 3 letter domain names is that the same is true of
gTLDs, especially with the current proposals being considered.  Of course
there is also a proposal for .shop and shop.com was registered in 1994 and
is registered to Interband Communications. shop.net was registered in 1994
and is registered to Internet Shop.Net Inc. So there goes consistency.