Re: [DNS] fyi - government on .au

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:59:45 +1000
Thank you Aleks

I have just got off the phone after talking to Andrea Griffiths on
02-06277-3561.  She is the Secretary for the Senare Committee handling the
Communications Legislation Amendment Bill 2000.  Andrea advises:

(1)    Bill is not for general competition but reserve powers for ACA and
ACCC
(2)    Copy of bill on website at
http://www.aph.gov.au/senate/committee/erca/
(3)    Public submissions to be adertised next week & will close 20 October
2000
(4)    Submissions preferred to be electronically on erca.sen&#167;aph.gov.au
(5)    Public Hearing will be held on 27 October 2000 (in Canberra or
Melbourne).
(6)    Any inquiries may be made to Executive Assistant on 02-6277-3526.

Trust this assists.

Patrick Corliss