Re: [DNS] Domian name resellers blockade rival company

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:59:40 +1000
Thanks for the URL, Joshua.  As we know, a company calling itself the Domain
Name Authority of Australia (www.dna.asn.au) has been writing to com.au name
owners offering to renew their domain names.  The quoted report says:

    "Rod Keys, general manager of DNA's parent company Easynet, said he
    did not believe they were doing anything illegal or misleading."

Isn't there something "misleading" about a company using the words "Authority"
and "Australia" in combination with an ASN.AU domain name?   I'd have thought
that COM.AU would have been much more appropriate for a trading company.

Regards
Patrick Corliss