Re: [DNS] Colateral damage

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 15:54:45 +1100
Kim Davies [kim&#167;cynosure.com.au] wrote:
> Quoting Deus Ex Machina on Saturday November 25, 2000:
> |
> | adrian you didnt read the post. no magic number hence no .org.au or .asn.au.
>
> You're not required to have a "magic number" for asn.au (and I assume
> org.au) if your organisation type doesn't require one.
>
> If you are an incorporated association you would have one. Two examples of
> types of organisations that probably wouldn't are trade unions and charities.
>
> However I find it dubious that you could legally trade as an entity without
> any form of registration or suitable recognition under the law.

they dont want to trade here, they just want the domain. and yes we host charities
and yes they had to provide magic numbers. so do trade unions. .org.au require
a magic number and this is from .asn web site:

3. You must include the registration number for your organisation.
All associations have a registry number, usually on their
Certificate of Incorporation, as do all business names.

Vic