Re: [DNS] generic.info.au

From: George Bray <listoid§linkalarm.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:14:37 +1100
At 5:05 PM +1100 24/11/00, Richard Archer wrote:
>At 16:43 +1100 24/11/00, George Bray wrote:
>
>>May I propose that the .info.au space be used for generic
>>information, and set up so that registration is free and automatic.
>>All existing companies, councils, departments, institutions, NGOs
>>and government registered entities would have an entry from day 1.
>
>Yahoo (and others) already offers a similar service in a much more
>user friendly, interactive manner with a search engine.

However, Yahoo and their ilk aren't guaranteed to have registration
info about the entities.

>And all this without the Australian taxpayer having to foot the bill :)

I'd be happy to have my taxes going toward more support of online
infrastructure, and I think it would benefit the country if the
government did a better job guiding, not repelling, the
communications and IT&T industries.

	George