Re: "What a joke!" (auDA Ltd AGM & new Board meeting) 7/12/00

From: Jim Birch <jbirch§multinode.com.au>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 13:01:15 +0800
Thanks Len

I for one find it decidedly smelly.  We were told that the government wanted the
internet naming authority to be a non-government industry-run organisation.
Yet, now we have the Liberal Party's top "fixer" running the show (by
"consensus.")  I wonder why?  When did Staley become an expert on the internet?
It looks like we have a control without accountability operation run by Weasel
and Smirk P/L rather than an industry body.  If the government wanted to own it
(which is reasonable, IMHO) why didn't they just take it over honestly, and, be
publicly accountable.

Jim Birch