Re: [DNS] .org.au

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:46:05 +1100 (EST)
] At 04:14 PM 18/12/00 +1100, you wrote:
]
] >If an org.au application takes more than a few weeks, it usually
] >means that the application is incomplete in some way, so that Robert
] >Elz cannot tell whether to accept it or reject it based on the details
] >supplied.
]
] Alan,
]
] Have you received any statement along these lines? There have been
] complaints on this list before about delays in .org.au.

I've been trying to find cases where an org.au application was submitted
which wasn't processed after 2+ months, but seems to be a complete and
correct application from a legal organisation which complies with the
org.au policy.  After much time searching, I've only found one.

] If Robert Elz is reading: if you see a problem in an application, do you
] tell the applicant so?

No.  I think Robert considers processing the straight-forward (complete)
applications a higher priority.

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  URL: http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
Cybersource P/L: Unix Systems Administration and TCP/IP network management