[DNS] domain news sources

From: <david.goldstein§nic.at>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:15:35 +0100
Hi all

Since my domain news has finished, there are a couple of very good resources
to go to not just for news regarding domain names, but also general Internet
news.

One is QuickLinks (http://www.qlinks.net) which has a few daily headlines on
the home page, a weekly news which can be emailed in text or html and can be
subscribed to from the home page, and a weekly section for domain name news
and issues (http://www.qlinks.net/quicklinks/domnames.htm). Quicklinks is
edited by Richard Swetenham of the European Commission.

Another is Moreover (http://w.moreover.com/index.html) which boasts that it
compiles news from over 1800 sources and has a section that deals with many
Internet issues. You can select and bookmark a news channel for a whole
range of issues, 24 of which deal with the Internet. To see the domain name
news, go to
http://www.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?o=portal&c=Domain%20name%20news.

For those interested in German news there is no one source I can recommend,
rather go through the news I've been posting, or go to the archive
http://www.nic.at/english/domainnews.html and see the sources I most
regularly use.

And best of all, all of the above is free!

And for those down under, maybe I will see you in Melbourne.

Cheers
David

nic.at Internet Verwaltungs- und Betriebsgesellschaft m.b.H.
Jakob-Haringer-Straße 8
A-5020 Salzburg

Infos zur Domainverwaltung http://www.nic.at

Email: david.goldstein&#167;sbg.nic.at