Re: [DNS] DNS and "end user" requirements

From: Neale Banks <neale§lowendale.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:40:35 +1100 (EST)
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, David Bernard wrote:

[...]
> To ensure that the needs of end users are address, I would suggest that the
> auDA draft a "Users Guide" to DNS which explains how to use DNS to find the
> service / company they want.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to have a "Users Guide" which explains
that they *shouldn't* "use DNS to find the service / company they want"
and points out the applicability of search engines to this task?

Just in case nobody else mentions it: "The DNS is not a search engine."

Regards,
Neale.