Re: [DNS] New domain proposal

From: <m§rk.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:00:18 +1100 (EST)
> > What a crock - the .au domain space should be opened up so you can just
> > have <companyname>.au. I think for the sort of directory you want, UDDI
is
> > a much more viable option.
>
>  - Having subdomains in the au domain space is better than the setup for
the
> cctld like .fm or .to because not only does it double/triple the amount of
> available and preferable names available, it gives business's,
> organisations, associations and individuals a fair go...

What do you mean a "fair go"? Opening up the .au space gives more names
available...it doesn't mean that you can't have third level domains, just
that there can be more of them (since there would be more second level
domains). Locking it off and forcing people to have to pay $$$ to register
a 3rd level domain is what is unfair.