[DNS] domain news

From: David Goldstein <DGoldstein§comslaw.org.au>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 10:12:17 +1000
There have been 4 comments on my posting the bits of news I post, 2
against on the list, 2 for to me personally. Plus I have had support
before. Unless there is more reaction against I will continue to post,
especially given that much of what happens internationally does have the
potential to effect what happens in Australia. I guess that those who do
not want the bits of news I post could set up a filter to send my
postings straight to their deleted mail.

Cheers
David

Domain name database unable to take the load
Australia's Internet industry representative body has called on the
online community to be patient until a core database can be moved to a
new host later this month.
 http://it.mycareer.com.au/news/2001/05/08/FFXBLP74FMC.html

Domain registrar eases rules to boost industry
The Hong Kong Domain Name Registration (HKDNR) has finally relaxed
domain name rules to allow companies to register multiple names under
.hk with hopes the liberalisation will boost the Internet industry and
facilitate e-commerce.
 http://technology.scmp.com/ZZZ5EFMKYLC.html

INTERNATIONAL ARBITER RELUCTANT TO STEP INTO .ph DISPUTE
The International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
would be willing to step the raging .ph controversy if this cannot be
resolved domestically.
 http://itmatters.bworldonline.com/news/news_05072001d.html