RE: [DNS] re-delegation of .au

From: Cate Coorey <catecoorey§bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 10:52:14 +1000
At 10:34 PM 5/06/2001 +1000, you wrote:
>It is inappropriate at this juncture to get into too much detail about the
>process. Suffice it to say that;
>
>RFC1591 is being and has been followed
>Yes, auDA has made a formal request to Mr Elz
>No reply has been received although receipt of the documents has been
>acknowledged

It would appear that auDA has approached the IANA for a re-delegation
without having received "the nod" from the current trustee. I repeat my
earlier question, has this action been approved by the Board ? If so at
which meeting ? Why is Mr Elz apparently reticent to lend his support. I
suspect (in the absence of any documents) that he may not be convinced that
the au Internet community fully supports the activities of auDA. I think a
broader membership would help and lowering the membership to less that $100
would go along way to accomplishing this. The work of auDA has been
substantive, but concerns linger. The apparent lack
of  discussion/debate/documentation regarding this last action only
highlights the concerns of the suspicious who long to be fully converted to
the cause...

Cate Coorey
catecoorey&#167;bigpond.com
auDA member