RE: [DNS] not relevant to the Australian DNS: the case against WXW

From: Dassa <dasssa§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:24:19 +1000

You are loosing it Len.  WXW isn't on this forum to the best of my
knowledge but I have made sure he is aware of your allegations and
defamatory posting.

|> > to ensure that posts on this forum are appropriate and
|> > relevant to the Australian DNS
|>
|> by filtering WXW from this ml.

If you had been paying attention you would have noticed the post was made
by someone who copied the original from another mailing list.  You appear
to be supporting disruptive postings that are of limited value by one
person but seeking to censor copies of posting from other forums by another
individual.  Not very consistant behaviour.  A step back and a good look at
the situation may be of benefit.

|> For those not familiar with his tactics (and those of his
|> shadowy USA/USG.mil/CIA/SAIC/NSI/Verisign/ICANN approvers
|> -- including Crocker, Crispin, Stubbs and Cerf), perhaps
|> Patrick, in his individual capacity, might care to refer
|> us to more of the extensive and odious WXW oeuvre.

mmm....attacking a person on a forum they don't participate on is in very
poor taste.

|> Take this example of WXW quoted by Patrick earlier:

|> Ah, an ICANN topic... how suprising. Thats ok on the auda list.

|> Consider this less means-spirited possibility:
|> The IETF and NTIA can hardly deny having
|> received them if they are posted on their own
|> site/archives, can they?

Anyone can post drafts.  They do not deny having received them.

|> These documents officially exist-- and their
|> existence can not be officially denied.
|> Which then brings us to the question-- did the
|> IETF and NTIA have a duty to consider and act
|> upon the information and proposals in those
|> documents reasonably promptly?

There is also a draft discussing packet delivery by pidgeons.  The posting
of a draft document does not mean it will be taken up by a working group or
that it will be put on the standards track.  You may like to investigate
how the IETF operates before making more comments on the subject.

|> And if they did not act reasonably, and the
|> consequences for failing to act are as predicted
|> by the proposal, are they liable?
|> Is the remedy here the acting upon of the proposals?

It is not acually a proposal, any draft is a discussion piece only.  Any
action taken on a draft will depend on its merits.  The fact a draft has
not been taken up and worked on is an indicator the proposition does not
have support.

|> Perhaps this WXW topic should be another entry
|> in the "the person may well be acting from self-
|> interest" category described by David Lindsay.

mmm...attacking a person in a forum they don't participate on is in very
poor taste.

|> When WXW is prepared to disclose his "fellow-
|> travellers" in the USG/etc fold-- and ALL his
|> sources of income and assets such that
|> ANY association with the aforesaid fold
|> can be excluded-- then this list could
|> possibly revisit the question of his inclusion.

What a US citizen may have in the way of assets and income is inappropriate
for discussion in this forum I would think.

William X Walsh has not participated in this forum.  Your attack on him is
inappropriate, in very poor taste and a sad reflection on you personally.

As mentioned previously, you appear to be confused, take it easy.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.