RE: [DNS] Advertising on AUNIC - Competitive neutrality?

From: Dassa <dasssa§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 19:56:12 +1000

mmmm...When I started with Monolith they serviced around 100,000 hostnames
and I used to answer 500 email support requests per month, as a volunteer.
I was one amongst many volunteers.  I recall there were around 10 volunteer
staff under my direction when Monolith closed down.  Support requests
covered a lot of ground in those days.

Even now with DHS International which replaced Monolith, we service around
190,000 odd hostnames and around 183,000 users, the number of support
requests is easily over the 5,000 a year mark.  Two of us handle this in
our spare time.  I am in full time employment and the other person involved
is attending Uni.  Support requests in this instance include managment,
abuse and purely technical support.

I would not say the above was that great. :)

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.