Re: [DNS] Public soap boxing, Australia Post, NetRegistry and AUNIC

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:01:16 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 larry&#167;netregistry.au.com wrote:

 > All,
 >
 > Comments have been made on this list accusing NetRegistry of spamming the
 > AUNIC database. They are completely inaccurate and a mistake on the part of
 > Joshua Rowe.
 >
 > I would hope that he would be brave enough to apologise for his damaging
 > remarks.

Larry, nothing you say below, or in any of your other messages to this
list, informs me at all in what way Joshua's assessment was 'inaccurate'
or a 'mistake', let alone libellous or defamatory.

Are you saying that the email he receved and quoted here was, in fact,
NOT unsolicited, ie that he HAD opted-in to receive such emails?

After reading it now several times, I'm also baffled by your point 4
below.  What in this context is meant by 'telemarketing'?  Does this
apply in any way to the email Joshua referred to?

Please clarify,

Thanks, Ian