Re: [DNS] WIPO2 Report Published: Personal Names

From: RIKKI LAMBERT <RXL§finlaysons.com.au>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:14:26 +0930
Kim

You wrote:
>>> kim&#167;cynosure.com.au 09/05/01 11:48am >>>
>
>Protecting personal names is important, but in the converse sense. I
>should be able to register domains with my name and not have it taken
>away by someone with a level of notoriety of the same name.
>
>kim
>
>My interest? Someone with the same name as a not-so-famous-anymore
>celebrity. :-)

In such a case, the "notorious person" should not succeed in "taking away" the domain name under the UDRP or aUDRP since you have a defence - you are using your own name and hence a bona fide intention to use the domain name.

Rikki

Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the intended recipient
and may be privileged.

While we have used mimesweeper to alert us to the presence of computer viruses, we
cannot guarantee that this email and any files transmitted with it are free from them.