RE: [DNS] why not just make whatever.au available

From: Ian Halson <katie§bluedoor.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:37:58 +1000
Unfortunately to auction off .com.au domain names again leaves the small
business out in the cold. As I understand it generic names such as
industry.com.au are currently unavailable as the names represent a
particular industry or place although how people can reject doctor.com.au
and accept dentist.com.au I am not sure.

As a generic name policy has been in place for such a long time wouldn't it
be fairer to allocate generic domains to those who actually represent an
industry or lifestyle instead of allowing big business to reap the benefits
again. After all the small business in Australia represents the majority of
the workforce unfortunately not the money.

Ian Halson

Blue Door Multimedia
Level 1, 233 Sydney Road,
Brunswick, Vic 3068.