Re: [DNS] A weird case of piracy a little bit OT

From: RIKKI LAMBERT <RXL§finlaysons.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:54:03 +0930
Have you checked the discussion boards at www.icann.org?  I recall reading something about the practice there.  There is debate as to whether it is actually happening or not, but you are not the first one its happened to (from memory)

>>> mking&#167;cinfo.com.au 09/17/01 02:44pm >>>
Any thoughts or information on the following would be very welcome.

1/ A domain name was checked on the InterNIC Whois search

2/ It was free (as it was quite obscure)

3/ I went to reserve it via opensrs but

4/ It had just been registered via inww via a group called
GetDotted.com Discount Domain Names

5/ Has anyone seen this kind of thing before?

6/ Is it possible to trawl Whois searches?

7/ has anyone run into GetDotted.com before?

Matthew King

Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the intended recipient
and may be privileged.

While we have used mimesweeper to alert us to the presence of computer viruses, we
cannot guarantee that this email and any files transmitted with it are free from them.