RE: [DNS] Undesirables on this list

From: Harry Hoholis <webmaster§webaccess.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:58:05 +1000
Mr. Bloch,

You wrote:

There are people on this list that have a serious commitment to the
continuing evolvement of DNS administration in Australia. There are some of
us here who have been actively involved in DNS reform since the NOIE Working
Group and before. There are issues that are important to the Internet in
Australia and to Australia itself. Please try and take it seriously - this
is not a group of your peers.

> Your idea of dns reform is taking advantage of the industry
by 'launching' the exciting and brilliant new domain name XXXX.au.com
It is you who is making a mockery of this industry, not I.

You wrote:

I have refrained from replying to you because basically you have not proven
yourself worth responding to. Your juvenile response below has no place on
this list. Please try to control yourself for the benefit of all.

> Is this a "God Complex" or grandiose delusions? All bow your heads
and await approval of Mr. Bloch (.au.com emperor)

You wrote:

I do find it revealing, Harry, that of all people on this list, you chose to
respond to my posting defensively - but then, its not exactly unexpected, is
it? You stand exposed, Harry. Try and do yourself as little damage as you
can.

> You then went on to justify and defend your actions is the .com.au tender.
As far as doing damage, I have never authorised any member of NetRegistry
to discuss any financial activities (if any) between Web Access and your
company.

Harry

[...]

I think there is little point in taking you seriously - for my part you can
say what you like, I will not be responding to anything you write from here
on and I urge the rest of the list to make their own judgements and act
accordingly.

For the record and the benefit of the list:

NetRegistry tendered in an open and accountable tender for the contract to
host the AUNIC database. We did this in return for advertising on the AUNIC
website. Our tender won, because we were astute enough to pitch it in a way
that addressed AUDA's objectives and constraints.

I'm sure that all who use this service recognise the vast improvement in
service and performance since NetRegistry started providing this service.

If anyone has an opinion on the suitability of this arrangement, I am more
than happy to debate it off list.

And Harry, thank you for finally settling your bill.

Regards

Larry Bloch
Chief Executive Officer
NetRegistry     http://www.netregistry.au.com
Tel: +61 2 9699 6099 | Fax: +61 2 9699 6088
PO Box 270 Broadway NSW   2007 Australia