RE: [DNS] Response to Larry Bloch's comments on ".au.com"

From: Glenn Powell <Glenno§Glenno.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:15:16 +1000
Larry,

I couldn't help but notice that you have your name servers listed for
the AU.COM domain as both being on the same subnet. My understanding of
DNS is that this is bad Karma. Given the hieracherial nature of DNS if
this subnet is bought to its knees by say Codered/Nimda etc the name
resolution of the au.com sub domains will fail. I would have thought
that having at least one dns server for AU.com outside of Australia
would be justified based on the size of the AU.COM namespace

Not being a DNS guru I stand corrected if this is not the case.

Cheers,

Glenn.