RE: [DNS] Personal attacks and defamatory comments

From: Larry Bloch <larry§netregistry.au.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:44:28 +1000
Harry

That is just rubbish.

AU.COM is owned by NetRegistry Pty Ltd. NetRegistry provides the equipment
and hosting environment for a part of the .AU namespace - AUNIC. NetRegistry
does not manage AUNIC, NetRegistry does not own AUNIC or have any rights
over it at all.

I will not respond to your repeated personally motivated postings on this
forum other than to say that I have not met you, I have not to my knowledge
spoken to you and have no knowledge of having done you any wrong in any way.
That aside, for the sake of everyone on this lists sanity, let me extend a
virtual handshake to you to put whatever differences are perceived to exist
aside and move on. I don't think anyone here is interested.

Moreover, there is no conspiracy to do anything nasty to the .AU namespace.
AUDA in my (and others) opinion is trying honestly and with considerable
commitment to manage the .AU namespace for he good of all. There are no
hidden agendas or cloak and dagger anything. They may or may not be
effective, they may or may not be doing a good job, but they are doing an
honest one.

If you really are interested in the .AU namespace, then please acknowledge
that it is a thing that belongs to - and is used by - all in Australia, and
therefore you need to consider the stated opinions and concerns of others.
The response to your recent postings has been largely unanimous:

Please stop your personal comments.
Please keep your remarks to matters relevant to Australian DNS issues.

I think I speak for all here when I say that what we are all fed up with
most of the spurious nonsense that has no relevance, consideration or
constructive intent (comments of support for this from others welcome). I
think we all want this forum to be business like.

Can we just bury whatever hatchet there is and move on to the purpose of
this list.

Larry