Re: [DNS] Rules for Names Policy - especially ".id.au"

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:36:20 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Kim Davies wrote:

 > auDA doesn't officially have the delegation, rather a decision by ICANN
 > to redelegate (http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-10sep01.htm,
 > Resolutions 01.87 and 01.88).

Not to mention 01.89 ..

 > Currently the paperwork is being sorted out.

Great.  Had to love the Public Comment Forum process documented at
http://forum.icann.org/auda/  Guess you had to be there.

Thanks for this reference.  After an hour or so wandering about through
links there, happened upon Roger Clarke's Brief History of the Internet
in Australia:

 http://www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/II/OzIHist.html

which I'm sure will appeal to some others for whom the DNS doesn't just
represent electronic real estate agencies .. ah, the nostalgia <sniff>

Cheers, Ian