[DNS] auDA dumps NetRegistry claiming "security breach"

From: Joshua Rowe <Joshua.Rowe§auspost.com.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:33:49 +1000
auDA switches off NetRegistry
http://www.itnews.com.au/story.cfm?ID=8220

auDA dumps NetRegistry claiming "security breach"
http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/ebusiness/story/0,2000024981,20261310,00.ht

from the second article:

NetRegistry director Giles Donovan, described the dispute as a
reconciliation issue, and commented that the company's agreement with the
auDA had been fraught for some time.

"Essentially we agreed to host AUNIC for free, so the only way to make it
commercially viable from our point of view was to access the information
contained on the database and use it in reports and so fourth," Donovan
said. "They disagreed that we should have been doing that and terminated the
agreement."

Josh