RE: [DNS] Revised Registrar Agreement

From: Jo Lim <jo.lim§auda.org.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:53:50 +1000
The auDA Board considered the process for finalising the Registrar Agreement
at its most recent meeting on 8 October 2001. The following process was
agreed:

1. auDA staff to evaluate all public comments (including those raised at the
5 October public meeting).
2. Registrar Agreement to be revised pursuant to evaluation of public
comments.
3. Sub-committee of the auDA Board to review the revised Registrar Agreement
and the evaluation of public comments, to determine whether:
a. public comments have been objectively evaluated and adequately taken into
account in revising the Agreement; and
b. the changes to the Agreement are so significant or substantive as to
warrant another public meeting.

The revised Registrar Agreement and evaluation of public comments was sent
to the Board sub-committee this afternoon. The sub-committee is due to
respond next week. We will act on their advice as soon as we receive it.

As noted in the record of the 5 October public meeting (see
http://www.auda.org.au/about/minutes/public-20011005.pdf), we will release
the revised Agreement on our website with a short timeframe for public
comments, prior to issuing the request for Expressions of Interest for
registrars to participate in the test-bed. We will also publish our
evaluation of public comments received to date.

Regards

Jo Lim
Chief Policy Officer
.au Domain Administration