Re: [DNS] auDA funding

From: Don Cameron <donc§mudgeeab.com.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:58:07 +1100
Thank you David,

I was aware that DCITA (through NOIE) provided funding to auDA, however not
of the amounts involved, nor of any conditional requirements - hence the
questions inherent in my earlier posting. Unfortunately the URL you
referenced ( http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2000120401.html ) is
currently unavailable ?? (as an aside, auda.org.au is frequently not
accessible, are there technical issues with the host? - I noticed the latest
outage as of 7 am today).

>> I presume Don is talking about the idea of auDA being Government funded,
which I think is mutually exclusive with "fully self-funding" (snip). This
concept is in fact quite common and is not mutually exclusive (I was
refering to a start-up grant, although you have suggested that in fact a
proportion of auDA's funding will be provided on a continual basis) - Most
Federal grant recipients (NFP's) apply on the basis of achieving a "self
funding" status - the grant is commonly for the purpose of meeting start-up
overheads, so this would not be at all unusual if in fact it is the case -
hopefully I will be better informed on this when I am able to access the
URL.

Kind regards, Don Cameron