Re: [DNS] .asn Domains

From: Don Cameron <donc§mudgeeab.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:58:39 +1100
Thank you Paul,

As I thought I made clear in my posting (though maybe not), the listed pro's
and con's was a summary.... obviously there are many more opinions on this
issue, and many more opinions that could be added to the list... some of
which you have again covered. What I really wanted to portray was a balanced
viewpoint of both arguments.

However the point of my posting was to make a proposal that might offer an
equitable solution - for the NFP Associations themselves to receive
subsidisation of any additional charges, for the Government to be the
determining authority of NFP status (as it should be), and for resellers to
retain the right of profit - though you have not commented on this aspect of
my posting - accepting that you disagree with some of my assessments of
individual perspectives, what are your thoughts on the actual proposal?

Regards, Don