Re: [DNS]

From: Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy§Malcolm.wattle.id.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:22:45 +0800
Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> * Well.. Registrars Asia is offering to do org.au for free if they get
> all the registries... which I doubt would happen.. but it's a nice
> offer.
>
> Anyone know anything much about these guys?

I will try to find out more and post back here with what I can
discover.  On the face of things, they should receive the support of
Australia's Internet community, having put in a tender that is very much
against the high odds that auDA's Request for Tender puts up.  It is a
shame that .asn.au and .id.au are presumably not also encompassed in
their offer, and given the lack of regard that has been shown for the
continued free availability of these domain names, it is also a shame
that their offer may count for little in the selection of a successful
tender.

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy&#167;Malcolm.wattle.id.au> http://malcolm.wattle.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)