RE: [DNS] Domain Name Management and renewal process

From: <galen§townson.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:15:56 +0800
Hi Adrian

Hmm... AFAIK this is pretty much what happens with business and other
types of licensing, ie. you must continue to operate a business or do
whatever is required for the license, eg. reside at that address, etc. or
advise any changes, with such changes possibly precluding you from
continuing with or renewing that license.

I guess most are simply not too worried about license renewals because
although such policies are in place they are not policed often.

The same may well prove true for domain name policies, with the policies
being in place in the event of a dispute but not being policed and
scrutinised for each and every domain registration renewal.

It's a balance between risk management and the cost of policing the
policies don't you feel?

With your immigration example what happens if the applicant is found to
have lied on application even several years after being accepted and
living in Australia? I'm not sure to be honest... but getting back to
domain registration renewals I don't think any of the eligibility criteria
detailed at http://www.auda.org.au/docs/auda-name-eligibility-
final.html#TOC3.3 are untoward - I personally like the point of 'good
faith'.

--
Galen Townson
galen&#167;townson.net