Re: [DNS] thread.119

Re: [DNS] thread.119

From: Peter <peter§instra.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:15:28 +1100
Patrick

  ACN 002 129 400       Fraud Control Services Pty Limited was registered 
before 1991 - without a proper search I can't give you the exact date.

Your company ACN 065 556 229        Fraud Control Pty Limited was 
registered in 1994. I think your argument re domain names is valid but the 
facts (as stated) are incorrect. In practice - you were the interloper

But I do agree with "I will be happy
for you to devote as much energy complaining to ASIC as you do complaining
about "logistics"."

Regards

Peter Dean
Chairman - The Instra Group.

PS For everyone but Patrick (who already knows) we are both directors of 
auDA but this is a personal tease - and it sometimes works the other way!


At 07:10 PM 1/17/02 +1100, you wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:04:15 +1100, Adrian Stephan wrote:
>
> > Kim keeps mentioning about the fairness of the auction.  What I don't think
> > is fair is that ASIC has a set of rules that preclude anyone from  having a
> > company name too close to an existing name.
>
>Hi Adrian
>
>I am not at all sure what you mean by "too close".  I am the proprietor of the
>following registered company:
>
>ACN 065 556 229        Fraud Control Pty Limited
>
>In relation to Business Names, the NSW Dept of Fair Trading considers the word
>"services" to be one of those neutral words with no regulatory effect.  Yet
>ASIC has allowed the following company registration:
>
>  ACN 002 129 400       Fraud Control Services Pty Limited
>
>With two significant words, that's a pretty close match, imo.  I will be happy
>for you to devote as much energy complaining to ASIC as you do complaining
>about "logistics".
>
><snip>
>
> > For those who try to use logic - forget it.  This is all about power.
>
>In any regulatory system there are inevitably loopholes and inequities.  A
>criminal defence lawyer I once met in Court made a fortune out of exploiting
>such loopholes to get people acquitted of crimes they had committed.
>
>I watched him at work.  It was a real eye-opener.  He even claimed that the
>relevant law was not in force on the date of the alleged offence.  What a
>shocker !!
>
>In the trade that's called "getting people off on a technicality".
>
>That's not fair either.  However, the system was not designed to be unfair.
>
>Regards
>Patrick Corliss
>_________________________________________________________
>I'm on the Board of auDA (the .au country code) as well as TLDA (the Top
>Level Domain Association).   Please note that anything I write is my own
>personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the views of any body
>with which I am associated.  Please also note IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer).
>
>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>List policy, unsubscribing and archives => http://www.auda.org.au/list/dns/
>Please do not retransmit articles on this list without permission of the
>author, further information at the above URL.  (331 subscribers.)
Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 00:00:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Mon Apr 27 2015 - 00:00:10 UTC