Re: [DNS] thread.119

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:12:37 +0800
Quoting Saliya Wimalaratne on Friday January 18, 2002:

| And Kim,
|
| No, search engine operators do not disclose their source code. But yes,
| they do tell people how URLs are ranked (sometimes not *fully*, where
| proprietary, but most search engines have a place where you can get *some*
| information about ranking):

I agree that they provide some information (obviously). However, the
information is vague and will not help settle the argument of whether
the URL plays a factor in a search. i.e. I demonstrated Altavista
considers the URL, but the page you quoted only claims it uses meta tags
and keywords in the page body.

kim