Australia Post & Geographical Names policy

From: Rowe, Joshua <Joshua.Rowe§auspost.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:30:42 +1100
from: http://www.auda.org.au/policy/panel-name-2000/submissions/ipsen2.html

"This proposal has been presented to Australia Post. While recognising that
the proposal has merits and complements Post's existing physical addressing
capabilities, Post management cannot give a firm commitment to endorsing the
proposal at this time. However, Post is prepared to support the proposal
being further developed to a stage where normal commercial and technical
evaluation principles can be applied and a 'go/no go' decision given."

Josh
PS My "v-joshr&#167;microsoft.com" email address is dead

* any views are my own

[snip-snip]

> 3.  The auDA Board agreed to the Name Panel's recommendation
> to give high priority to a new community-focused geographic
> 2LD or 2LDs in the process for selecting new 2LDs
> <http://www.auda.org.au/about/minutes/board-200108.html>.
> Note the reference to one or more 2LD.  The OCOS and other
> geographic proposals will be presumably (re)considered by
> that new Panel.  Australia Post was reported to have been
> working on a geographic proposal; perhaps Josh Rowe may be
> able to shed some light on this.
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Johnston, Policy Consultant
> Small Enterprise Telecommunications Centre Limited (SETEL)
> http://www.setel.com.au   mailto:ian.johnston&#167;setel.com.au
>
> SETEL is a national small business consumer association
> Advancing and representing the interest of Australian small
> business as telecommunications and electronic commerce consumers

Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent service.  If we can assist you in any way please either telephone 13 13 18 or visit our website www.auspost.com.au.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please delete the original e-mail.