Re: [DNS] REGISTRY KEY RETRIEVAL SCAM

From: Ben Dovver <theaustraliandomain§hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:12:19 +0000
Ginger,

Who are you and do you have anything at all to contribute apart from slaming
ING. We know all about them, your getting boring

>From: "Ginger Fish" <ginger-fish&#167;scifi-art.com>
>To: <dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au>
>Subject: [DNS] REGISTRY KEY RETRIEVAL SCAM
>Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:20:37 +1100
>
>Dear Chris Disspain,
>
>Internet Name Group. Sending out UNSOLICITED renewal ( surprise surprise! )
>notices including the
>following text that could be deemed deceptive:
>
>"Due to recent changes in .com.au domain name renewal procedure, and for
>the
>security of your domain name, you are now required to provide your registry
>key to renew your domain name and to update your contact details" "If you
>do
>not have your registry key, kindly complete the attached registry key
>recovery form and we will recover it on your behalf"
>
>Is it a fair question to ask how the current code of conduct , if
>enforceable, would deal with this kind of activity?
>

>Ginger FISH

>Please do not retransmit articles on this list without permission of the
>author, further information at the above URL.  (327 subscribers.)

Domain Master
The Australian Domain.
P.O Box 57,
Chadstone Centre,
Chadstone 3143,
Melbourne,
Australia.

Tel: 0414 818 361.
E-Mail: theaustraliandomain&#167;hotmail.com
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
for the
use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message
you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you
have received
this message in error, please notify The Australian domain immediately. Any
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender except where
the sender
specifically states them to be the views of The Australian domain.