RE: [DNS] ICANN Representation.

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:09:07 +1100
Apart from direct ".au" representation,as stated by Chris Disspain:

Melbourne IT sends people in its role as an international registrar.
I attended the meeting in Accra on behalf of Melbourne IT, and I am also an
elected member of the council for the Domain Name Services Organisation
(DNSO) within ICANN responsible for global domain name policy, and I am also
an appointed member of the ICANN standing committee on Security and
Stability.

The Australian Government via NOIE also sends staff to attend meetings of
the Government Advisory Committee (GAC) to the ICANN Board.  Paul Twomey is
the chair of this committee, and the Aust Gov't has been contributing
secretariat resources.  This will apparently cease later this year.
Michelle Scott from NOIE usually attends most meetings.

There are also other Australian citizens involved in ICANN, including
Richard Tindal representing global name registries on the DNSO council.

In short there is quite a bit of Australian involvment in the ICANN process!

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin