Re: [DNS] Now I am ANGRY

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:47:36 +1100 (EST)
Mark Hughes wrote:
] I suggest that any intending Registrars not rely on the AUNIC data for their
] operations - it is riddled with errors.  Intending Registrars should record
] their own customer contact details including address details, and work on
] ensuring the data is kept up-to-date.

Under clause 11.2 of the new (post revolution:-) Registrar Agreement,
Registrars must update the registry database within one week of
receiving updated contact details from a registrant.

In my humble opinion the solution to outdated data is not to create
lots of little databases, it is to ensure that registrars update
the new central registry database as much as possible, and that
registrants give updated details to their registrar as often as
possible.

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  URL: http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
Cybersource P/L: Unix Systems Administration and TCP/IP network management