Re: [DNS] INTERNET NAME GROUP - UNSOLICITED RENEWAL NOTICE REQUESTS REGISTR Y KEY

From: Snoop <cybsnoop§tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:05:01 +1100
Max,

From what I've been reading, it seems that anyone, either good or bad - can
be a registrar. Code of conduct? Bah - ain't happening... :-s

Sure - it sounds like a nice idea, and some people like to believe in it.
But - well I won't say anything more on that line of thinking, but I have a
very pessimistic outlook on CoC on the Net.

In your case, well, I'm not sure what you'de do. Are you sure the email
wasn't sent with PGP or any other ID authentication or encryption? As yet, I
haven't recieved any emails of that sort - as I haven't owned any domains
long enough.

Although in my case it'de be a matter of minutes for me to contact my REAL
registrar and find out if they really did send a request for my registry
key....

hth m8 :-)

 - SnooP