Re: [DNS] Sneaky Domain Renewal Notices

From: M.W Gacy <mw_gacy2000§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 01:32:14 +0100 (BST)
Other than the published alerts on their website which
most Australian consumers wouldn't be aware of, do
auDA have the means to directly alert consumers with
regards to deceptive marketing practices?

Are they doing all they can to protect Australian
consumers ?

Perhaps someone from auDA could shed some light on
this one for us ?

 --- Rod Keys <rod&#167;ddns.com.au> wrote: > Business
alert perhaps Ron?

http://www.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi

http://www.icann.org/announcements/advisory-08apr02.htm

> > > 2. Violation to the Federal Mail Guidelines:
> > >
> > > The official USPS regulations for mail "that
> reasonably could be
> > considered
> > > a bill, invoice, or statement of account due,
> but is in fact a
> > solicitation
> > > for an order":
> > >
> > >  http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm/c031.htm
> > >
> > > The requirement is that the following phrase
> must appear in at least
> > thirty
> > > point capital letters on the face of the notice:
> "THIS IS NOT A BILL.
> THIS
> > > IS A SOLICITATION. YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION
> TO PAY THE AMOUNT STATED
> > > ABOVE UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THIS OFFER."

=== message truncated ===