RE: [DNS] international domain news

From: Dave Hooper <dave§davehooper.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:09:19 +1000
As I said from the outset, I think auDA needs to concentrate on one
thing at a time. Focus on getting what they are doing now done properly
and ensure it is running smootly before they even consider looking at
anything else. I think most would agree that it’s not perfect at the
moment. Until it is, I believe it is foolish to go pursuing other
matters.

I take on board Chris Disspains comments...;

"I think perhaps that some of you are reading too much into today's
announcement. This is merely a call for a) nominations for the panel
which runs independently of auDA once set up and b) proposals for the
panel to consider.  The whole process runs independently of auDA and
will not interfere in any way with the current  jobs at hand."

...but can't help wishing they'd just get one thing right before
sticking their noses into something else.

As to what I feel about the proposal, I guess I'll wait and see where
the discussions take us. I am open minded at this stage. I must say
though that the com.au space is hardly crowded, so that would not be a
factor to base any 'new' names on.

Dave Hooper