RE: [DNS] RE: auDA to consider new names for .au

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:07:31 +0100
You seem to misunderstand the basic economic issue.

There is a cost and in your case you are bearing it on behalf of your clients,
presumably as a loss-leader/value-add to attract customers to your other
billable products.

I regard the DNS as a public resource that should be professionally managed.
 Unless it is run on a volunteer basis (an arrangement that does not usually
lead to acceptable levels of service) then someones got to pay for it.
That doesnt necessarily have to be paid for by charging fees but I'm a firm
believer in user pays so I think it should.

jon