RE: [DNS] RE: auDA to consider new names for .au

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:12:29 +1000

<snip>
|> By Opening up footy.au or state.au domain names we are moving in the
|> direction of to many variables and who is entitled... I'm
|> sure that the proprosals will be looked to and taken with all
seroiusness
|> but I hardly thing that there would be stead fast rules that all
could
|> see are fair.
<snip>

I wish to focus on this passage.  It raises, with the paragraph
regarding UDRP, the concept that business has more rights to domain
names than an individual or non-profit organisation.  The fact a
trade-mark may be held in one area does not automatically gives rights
to all areas.  This is a concept that has already been exploited to the
detriment of the individual, I have no wish to see it increase.

Lets focus more on the individual and less on business.  Try to reason
how we can serve the general public, the ordinary John Doe out there and
less on how we can help business maintain or increase profits.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.