RE: [DNS] Transfer of Registrar of Record

From: Michael-Pappas <auda§michael-pappas.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:56:14 +1000 (EST)
> I am well aware of the intent of the authors of this document but I
> will suggest that this is actually going too far and is bordering on
> the anti-competitive.
>
> It appears that some of the less ethical operators are being dealt with
> through due process and there will be a binding code of conduct in
> place.
> This to me is overkill that actually harms the end user rather than
> protecting
> them.

Totally agree.. Once the registry starts and competition is able to begin
only domain name holders who are in the 2 month renewal period will be able
to transfer with out effectivly losing the licence that they have paid for
and they are intitled to.

This will cause the current registrars, melb it, connect, etc etc to
affectivly hold records and keep the market share, not really opening up
the market at all.

Also giving them time to be able to develop pricing policy that will
effictivly see all registrants stay.. why change when it's eaiser and just
as cheap not to... ???? If you have a domain name, it's registered,
delegated and working the renewal price is the final factor... extra work
just to renew will not help competition or the registrants to see a better
DNS..

Just my 2c

Michael-Pappas.