Re: [DNS] Transfer of Registrar of Record

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:12:12 +1000 (EST)
Registrars in the new system will be required to contact their registrants
every 6 months to check their contact details.  There may be other things
registrars are required to do pro-actively apart from renewal time, but
I'm not sure if anyone has made a list of these responsibilities.

] The average domain holder is not interested in transferring their registrar,
] personally I think spending an hour of my time transferring my domain to
] save $5 is not cost effective. I also do not want to hear from my registrar
] until renewal time and I would expect to have no problems with my domain
] name. If a registrar is not capable of handling the technical side of things
] they should not be accredited and I would expect auDA to review prospective
] registrars technical capabilities as well as security levels before
] supplying accreditation.
]
] Thanks
]