Re: [DNS] .com WHOIS information

From: Ian <auda§lemonstone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:55:14 +1000
Hi Rod.

I have just spent an hour trying to sort out my domain name which as
registered by me through MIT 2 years ago.

>> The domain is registered through MIT and hosted with a large australian
>> hosting company who also appear as the tech contacts for the domain (I am now
>> changing this)

It appears that I no longer have the right to renew my own domain name. When
I parked my name to point at my site I signed a form giving permission to
REDELEGATE my domain with one of your resellers. I DID NOT GIVE PERMISSION
FOR THEM TO MANAGE MY DOMAIN and still have all the original documentation
to prove it.

They (The Reseller) entered their details as the billing and admin contacts
and the only reason I found out my domain is due to expire is from a renewal
letter from ING (thanks Sasha).

As I did not give any permission for them to manage my domain I am tempted
to send you a bill for my time.

Is this how you you will be managing your resellers in the future as
currently you manage many of my domains and I am hesitant to redelegate any.
By the way the reseller also advises that the domain will expire 7 days
prior to renewal by email informing that if I do not advise them otherwise
they will renew it anyway. Then they bill even if I didn't want the domain.
If a reseller renews a domain then who is responsible for checking
eligibility criteria.

Ian