Re: [DNS] Spam from international marketing team

From: Lee Sanders <auda-337§ccp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:17:28 +0800
hmm well it looks like it is not an isolated case, from responses I have
had it looks like they are only spamming current addresses so I don't think
they harvested the auDA mail archives. Note to Chris: is there any way of
tracking these people down ?

For anyone wishing to generate an abuse report here is their information, I
would suggest only complaining to the ISP as the hosting company is
probably the spammer.

Their ISP is Charter Business Networks (http://www.cbnstl.net/) which has
email addresses of  sales&#167;cbnstl.com, dnsadmin§cbnstl.net,
hostmaster&#167;cbnstl.net (you might also wish to try abuse§cbnstl.net).

Be polite to Charter Business Networks as if they get hundreds of angry
complaints over a customer its not going to help, their AUP specifically
prohibits spamming in point #5 which I have reproduced below (any errors
are from my typing) so getting the spammers canned shouldn't be hard.

5. NO "SPAMMING"
The Customer agrees not to use, nor allow others to use, the Service to
send unsolicited advertising (including but not limited to mass or bulk
email), promotional materials or other forms of solicitation ("spamming").
Charter reserves the right, in Charter's sole discretion, to determine
whether such posting or transmission constitutes an advertisement,
promotional material or any other form of solicitation.

The Company doing the spamming is internationalmarketingteam.com

Denis Funkhouser
640 Enright
St. Louis, Missouri 63127
United States

Registrar: Go Daddy Software (http://registrar.godaddy.com)
Created on: 16-Feb-02
Expires on: 16-Feb-03
Last Updated on: 16-Feb-02

Administrative Contact:
Funkhouser, Denis ppusopa&#167;hotmail.com
640 Enright Ave
St. Louis, Missouri 63130
United States
(314) 725-4808
Technical Contact:
Funkhouser, Denis ppusopa&#167;hotmail.com
640 Enright Ave
St. Louis, Missouri 63130
United States
(314) 727-4808

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.WEBTECDIRECT.COM
NS2.WEBTECDIRECT.COM

The hosting and spamming company appear to be very similar if not an
affiliated group.

WEBTECDIRECT.com
Charlene Rooney
6490 Enright Ave