RE: [DNS] Re: Interim Approval for Internet Telephone Numbering System (ENUM)

From: Ian Johnston <ian.johnston§infobrokers.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 00:53:28 +1000
Colin

> Will AUDA be addressing the delegation issue?

Responsibilities for ENUM reside with the Australian Communications
Authority (ACA) <www.aca.gov.au>, the ACA's Numbering Advisory Committee
(NAC) <www.aca.gov.au/committee/national/nac/nac.htm> and its National Study
Group 2.  See the following:

- SETEL Special Brief No 07/2001, 11 September 2001, Mapping of telephone
numbers into the Domain Name System
<www.setel.com.au/publications/public/briefings/sb0107.htm>

- NAC's National Study Group 2 (NSG2) <www.aca.gov.au/committee/nsg2>:

* ENUM <www.aca.gov.au/committee/nsg2/enum.htm>

* Proposal for ASTAP Work Program in relation to ENUM development,
implementation and administration
<www.aca.gov.au/committee/nsg2/astap.htm>.

- ITU ENUM <www.itu.int/osg/spu/enum/>.

The NAC members will be meeting this coming Wednesday and discussing ENUM.
I understand that auDA has been invited.  I'm a member of NAC.

--
Ian Johnston, Policy Consultant
Small Enterprise Telecommunications Centre (SETEL)

SETEL is a national small business consumer association
advancing the interest of Australian small business
as telecommunications and e-commerce consumers

http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/about/presentations/ripencc-ietf-ec/sld008.html

(http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/about/presentations/ripencc-ietf-ec/sld014.html
)