RE: [DNS] New 2LD Proposals (to date)

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:02:31 +1000
|> -----Original Message-----
|> From: ginger FISH [mailto:cyrille.lefevre&#167;scifi-art.com]
|> Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 4:30 PM
|> To: dns&#167;lists.auda.org.au
|> Subject: RE: [DNS] New 2LD Proposals (to date)
|>
|> Answer this one :
|>
|> Why would anybody want a domain name ?

Bit tongue in cheek since you are obviously involved in the industry but
I'll play your game and answer the question.

There are many reasons for people wishing to register a domain name,
some of them are listed below in no order of importance:

. Vanity
. To be cool
. To make it easier for others to access their content
. To make it easier for themselves to access their content
. To brand a particular site/product
. To provide a brand for email
. To stop others using a particular name
. It is the convention

There are other reasons but I'm distracted at the moment and can't be
bothered.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.